Today we are celebrating 67th Republic day of our country . India became independent of the United Kingdom on August 15, 1947. India did not have a permanent constitution at this time. The drafting committee presented the constitution’s first draft to the national assembly on November 4, 1947. The national assembly signed the final English and Hindi language versions of the constitution on January 24, 1950
Here some UNKNOWN FACTS about our Republic day i. e. celebrated on 26th January of every Year.
• Indian Constitution came into effect (officially into a legal circulation) on 26th of January in 1950, at 10:18 am after which India became a Republic country. • Indian Constitution came into effect especially on 26th of January because 26th of January, 1930 is an anniversary of पूर्ण स्वराज दिवस .
• The Constitution of India is the longest written Constitution all over the world (which cannot be read in a single day); it has incorporated “448 Articles in 22 Parts, 12 Schedules and 97 Amendments”.
• Indian Constitution is written by the Dr. Bhim Rao Ramji Ambedkar (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar). He is known as the father of Indian Constitution.
• The Constitution of India took around 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to be completed.
• Two copies of the Indian Constitution were hand-written, one in English and one in Hindi.
• Both hand-written copies of the Indian Constitution were signed on 24th of January in 1950 by around 308 members of the Assembly.
• Both of the originally hand-written Indian Constitution copies are kept safely in the helium-filled cases at the Library of Parliament House.
• After inception of the Indian Constitution, around 94 amendments (alterations) have been done.
• Satyamev Jayate (one of the biggest Indian motto) is taken from the Mundaka Upanishad, Atharvaveda. It was first translated in Hindi language by the Abid Ali in 1911.
• It was Madan Mohan Malviya who had selected the Indian motto of Satyamev Jayate.
• Jana Gana Mana (National Anthem) was written first in Bengali language by the Rabindranath Tagore.
• Jana Gana Mana (National Anthem) was first translated into Hindi language by the Abid Ali in 1911 which was later officially adopted as National Anthem of India in 1950 on 24th of January.
• The lyrics and music of Indian national anthem was given by Rabindranath Tagore in 1911.
• National Anthem of India was first sung in the meeting of Indian National Congress, Calcutta on 27th of December, 1911.
• National Anthem of India takes 52 seconds to sing or play.
• The first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad took oath (at Durbar Hall of government house) first time on 26th of January in 1950.
• 21 gun salutes are given every year when the President of India hoists the national flag on republic Day to mark the honour.
• Republic Day celebration of India lasts after three days by singing the song ‘Abide by Me’ (it is a most popular tune and favourite of Mahatma Gandhi, a Christian hymn) during the Beating Retreat.
• Beating Retreat ceremony is held on 29th of January at विजय चौक with the performance of Indian Army, Air Force and Navy bands. It marks the end of Republic day celebrations in India.
• Indian Constitution is only calligraphed and not printed and only 1000 copies are written till date.
• There is rule that the President of country would address on the Republic Day whereas the Prime Minister of the country would address on the Independence Day.
• A garland is placed at Amar Jawan Jyoti at every national occasion by the Prime Minister to pay tribute to the brave soldiers of India who had sacrificed their lives in fighting for the Indian Independence.
• Republic day of India is a great when all the deserving candidates are honoured with bravery awards such as Param Veer Chakra, Maha Veer Chakra, Veer Chakra, Kirti Chakra and Ashoka Chakra.
• President Sukarno of Indonesia was the first chief guest at the first Republic Day Celebration of India on 26th of January, 1950.
• Malik Gulam Mohammed (first governor general of Pakistan) was the first chief guest of the Rajpath parade in 1955 (Republic Day Parade was started first time).
• Dr. B. R Ambedakar was the chairman of Indian constitution draft committee.
• The idea of division of power between union and state has been taken from Canadian constitution, fundamental duty from Soviet Union, directorial elements from constitution of Ireland, republican administration system from French constitution and the emergency carriage system from Germany constitution.
• The custom of offering the gallantry awards to the children was started by the government of India in 1957 for bravery achievements of children in different fields on the republic day.
• 26th of January was decided to be celebrated every year as the “Swaraj Diwas” in 1950.
• Prior to 1955, Republic day of India were not celebrated on Rajpath prior to 1955.
• Prior to 1955 (until 1954), the Indian republic day celebrations were performed on the “Kingsway”, “लाल किला ”, and “रामलीला मैदान”.
• The chief guest on republic day celebration, 1961 was Queen Elizabeth from Britain.
• On 26th of January in 1965 Hindi language was declared as our national language of India.
Dear Friends , I am sure you will feel proud to know these UNKNOWN Facts about our Republic Day. Jai Hind Jai Hindi